Job Title: Software Developer
NetNow is looking for ambitious, motivated software developers to join an existing development team responsible for the development of our core products and services across a variety of technologies. As a member of the tightly integrated technical team, work involves design, development, support and maintenance of existing and new projects on these core systems.
NetNow’s new agile development team is focused on converting existing core systems over to hosted Software as a Service (SAAS) platform. Your work will also extend to working with the NetNow SAAS team helping to build these new solutions. This position represents an excellent opportunity for motivated and talented developers to be early pioneers in a solution that is being designed to be the first of its kind and become market leader in its field. To become part of this exciting opportunity you should possess the following skills
• A Computer Science, Maths or Engineering degree
• Demonstrated passion for software development, with visible ability to learn and adapt
• Team orientated player
• Ability to produce high quality work in a pressured environment
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Creative thinking ability
• Driven self-starter, highly motivated
• Proficient in Java
• Comfortable working in an agile software development environment focused on short delivery timescales
• Experience in building and deploying software using industry-standard tools like Ant, Maven or Gradle
• Experience of working with source control
• Experience of working with relational databases
• Knowledge of other JVM based languages (Scala, Groovy etc)
• Knowledge of the OSGi standard and writing modular infrastructure
• Good knowledge of web based technologies (HTML5, js, CSS)
• Practical experience of working with mainstream J2EE containers
• Some knowledge of working with NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of using Jira for project management
• Good awareness of social networking principles and technologies
• Some demonstrable knowledge of UNIX and LINUX and Unix Scripting
• Knowledge of .NET languages
• Knowledge of OSGi based service component modelling (declarative services, iPOJO)
• Knowledge of working with Linux/Unix, and some knowledge of shell scripting
At NetNow our team is busy developing an open and pluggable server platform expressly designed to be easy, intuitive and social. NetNow introduces a new era of systems and service management to organisations of all shapes and sizes delivered on-demand or on-premise.
The successful candidate will join our development team located at our offices near Wilmslow in Cheshire and be involved with all aspects of the development lifecycle from solution design to final delivery.
Starting salary of £25,000 per annum dependant on experience
NetNow is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward your C.V and letter of application to email@example.com.
Closing date: TBC